Thu, May 12|
2022 San Diego Heli Fun Fly!
Time & Location
May 12, 2022, 12:00 PM – May 15, 2022, 12:00 PM
Fallbrook, Pankey Rd, Fallbrook, CA 92028, USA
About The Event
See last Year's Video HERE
The Palomar RC Flyers Club is proud to announce the 22nd Annual San Diego Heli Fun Fly, May 12-15, 2022. Mark your calendars, put in those vacation requests, and make sure you don’t miss out!
Last year’s event had 108 pilots from all around the country, and raffle prizes from 31 different companies! We look forward to seeing everyone again, as well as many new faces who are coming out to enjoy the hobby for the first time.
If you've never been to a heli fun fly or are nervous about flying at one, this is the place to start.
You'll meet plenty of cool pilots who are ready and willing to help. Everyone at a fun fly was new once. Also, if you need helpful advice on setups, pilots will be willing to help out with suggestions and recommendations.
More details will be provided as we get closer to the event.
- Date: Thursday May 12 through Sunday 15, 2022
- Location: Palomar RC Flyers Johnson Field.
- Pankey Rd, Fallbrook, CA (Northern San Diego)
- The field is located off of I-15 and Hwy 76/Pala Rd.
- GPS: 33.337964, -117.152561
Registration: The link for Pre-Registration will be posted and available on the club website.
Night Flying: We will have plenty of spotlights for safe night flying, and are planning on having light towers.
- Pilots briefings will be held on Friday and Saturday mornings.
- RVs/Trailers are allowed. There are no hookups so you have to be self-contained.
- There is no electricity, so bring generators or a friend that has a generator.
- The field is a 600’ airplane runway with additional flying area at the Heli Field. There will be plenty of space for all.
- You must be an active AMA member to fly.
- Spectator attendance is free.
- Dry camping is allowed. Porta-potties and hand wash stations are provided. Pick up your trash, dumpsters are provided.
- No open fires allowed due to the fire danger.
- No fireworks, no firearms, no off-road vehicles.
- We do have rattlesnakes, ticks, and ground squirrels. Watch where you step.
- Alcohol and other recreational drugs and RC are not compatible. We will not tolerate dangerous behavior and will pull you from the flight line or ask you to leave.
All pilots must have a Spotter. Spotters: know what you're responsibilities are.
If you don’t know what to do, ask.
2022 San Diego Heli Fun Fly
Palomar R/C Flyers Club $20.oo Registration RV and Camping welcome! (No hookups) Satinder Dhindsa firstname.lastname@example.org$20.00Sale ended