Frequently Asked Questions
ATTENTION: CLUB MEMBERS AND GUESTS
For your safety and the safety of our neighbors please follow all our club rules
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE FLY NEAR OR OVER THE I-15 FREEWAY
- Always wear your club card
- The AMA code requires that your AMA number or your name and address must be on or in your airplane.
- All flying aircraft must be kept north of the south edge of the runway.
- Do not fly beyond the perimeter marked by the orange flags to insure a safe distance from I-15 and our neighbors quiet zone.
- Normal landing pattern to the west with right hand pattern. Landing aircraft have the right of way.
- All high speed passes and aerobatic maneuvers must remain north of the runway edge. Avoid head on maneuvers toward the pits. Any flight behind the flight station line is prohibited.
- Keep close lookout for low flying balloons, Helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.. Give way to all full size aircraft.
TRANSMITTER & SOUND
- NO aircraft above 98 db at 25ft will be flown at Johnson Field.
- Both transmitter and receiver must be narrow band (20,000 KHZ spacing) to operate at this field as we fly on all 50 channels.
Please make sure your plane conforms to the maximum specs. 98 db at 25ft.
- All sound measurements are taken at 25ft. on a hard surface, slow response and "A" weighting.
- All engines must be effectively muffled.
- Below 85 db may be flown at any time
- 85 to 92 db may be operated between:
8:00am-7pm Monday through Saturday
- 93 to 98 db may be operated between:
9:00am- 5:00pm daily.
- PRCF Overnight Camping Privileges click HERE
GENERAL SITE RULES
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Please use the trash cans
- Put your cigarette butts in the butt cans
- Please visit our Palomar Dollars page to see the current amounts here
STAY OUT OF THE JUNGLE!!!
A short read and some photos here